Saturday, April 30, 2022

New member of the fleet and pics from the last HARA launch of the season...

So I finished the Skylance - it turned out AOK. Now to apply primer to the Centuri Sabre and move on to the next project - whatever that is.

Finished Skylance (Click to enlarge).

HARA held its last launch of the 2021-2022 flying season back on April 9. I had to pass because of work, but the skies were mostly clear and the temps comfortable. However, the wind sucked; 3 high power rockets (level 1 certification models) were hung high in the trees, and so far we only have been able to retrieve one. Make that most of one - a part of it is still hanging in the tree. 

Anyway, Patrick and others passed on some pictures for the launch album on the HARA FaceBook page and I thought I would share a few below. Next time I expect to fly is Memorial Day weekend - I am going to launch more than my usual 4 or 5, I think. Have to come out of this dry spell properly.

A Student Launch team watches the sky while waiting for RSO check
(Photo by Patrick Morrison - Click to enlarge).

Top of Patrick's umbrella rocket (Photo by
Doug Aguilar - Click to enlarge).
The backside of the umbrella rocket (Photo by
Doug Aguilar - Click to enlarge).

The umbrella rocket under power (Photo by Patrick Morrison - Click to enlarge).

R2D2 pops his top (Photo by Patrick
Morrison - Click to enlarge).
The 18mm motor inside an Estes Long Ranger
CATOs (Photo by Patrick Morrison - Click to enlarge).

Student Launch rocket heads skyward
(Photo by Patrick Morrison - Click to enlarge).
Nice shot of a mid-power Crayon rocket
(Photo by Patrick Morrison - Click to enlarge).

Flyer posing by his Level 3 cert rocket
(Photo by Vince huegele - Click to enlarge).
On its way to a successful Level 3 cert flight
(Photo by Patrick Morrison - Click to enlarge).

Level 1 rocket hanging in tree (Photo by Patrick Morrison - Click to enlarge).

Estes Olympus falling out of the sky (Photo by Patrick Morrison - Click to enlarge).

Sometimes Estes parachutes do work... (Photo by Patrick Morrison - Click to enlarge).

1 comment:

  1. No launch scheduled for us this weekend, but I had iffy plans to sneak up to B6-4 Field to fly a few neglected small field stuff. That changed when we took my Mom out to lunch. I was getting out of the car at Skyline and the wind blew it shut on my leg. The field was empty when I got home, but the winds kept up strong until after 5:00.

    ReplyDelete