Sunday, June 17, 2018

A good piece of mail...

The Longshots (Click to enlarge)
The US Postal Service never ceases to amaze me - I can get a rocket part order from Ohio and Nevada in just 2 days, and sometimes it can take forever for a card to arrive from my sister in Chattanooga. A few days back, I received an envelope postmarked 4 weeks ago from here in Huntsville. Inside was a photo of the Saint John Paul II Longshots TARC team (shown above), and a card addressed to me. For those of you who don't remember, the Longshots were the only TARC team from Huntsville to make the TARC Finals back in May (see my April 8 post). Once there, they did well in the first round, placing 12th out of the 100 teams competing and advancing to the second round of flights. Unfortunately, they didn't do so well in the second round, missing the altitude goal by over 100 feet. Even though they didn't make it into the top 10, the Longshots put in a fabulous performance for a first year team, especially a team of freshmen.

So here is the card I received - things like this make me glad I'm involved with TARC!

You did indeed do us proud - Looking forward to seeing you on the field in the coming season!

No comments:

Post a Comment